|The LSU Department of Theatre presents Outworks 2011, a festival of LGBTQ themed one-act plays.
Deadline for Submission: December 5, 2010
Award: $150 and production videotape
After a successful Outworks 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, The Louisiana State University Department of Theatre in Baton Rouge is pleased to announce that we are now accepting submissions for Outworks 2011, a festival of new lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered or queer (LGBTQ) themed one-act plays.
• Submissions must be the author's own original work. Each entry shall be free from copyright restrictions and the author agrees to hold LSU, its officers, and directors free and harmless from all copyright claims.
• Scripts must be LGBTQ-themed.
• Submissions must be one-act plays, ranging from (10) ten to (20) twenty minutes in length.
• There is a limit of two scripts per playwright.
• All Entries should be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Outworks 2011" in the subject line.
• Deadline is December 5, 2010
• Scheduled production dates are February 21 - 27 of 2011
Submissions will be read and scored by a faculty/student committee. The committee will select six plays. These six playwrights will receive $150 in monetary compensation, each play selected will be guaranteed three staged
Performances and each playwright will receive a video of his/her production. Playwrights wishing to attend the festival are responsible for all travel expenses.
The LSU Theatre Studio season retains all rights and privileges concerning casting, production, and programming for Outworks. LSU Theatre reserves the right to:
• Reproduce as many copies of the play as are necessary for distribution to the judges and participants in the production.
• Videotape the performance for archival purposes.
• Use the title, author's name and images from the production for publicity purposes related to the Outworks Festival.
The final play list will be announced December 30, 2010.