|HotCity Theatre of St. Louis announces a call for submissions of new full-length plays for the seventh annual GreenHouse New Play Festival, to be held in June of 2013.
Three plays will be selected for the Festival. These plays will receive a week-long (June 16-23) workshop with director, dramaturg and professional actors. The workshop will culminate in a public reading followed by audience response sessions. HotCity artistic staff will then select one script for a fully produced world premiere as part of the company’s 2014 mainstage season.
Eligible submissions must meet the following criteria:
--received after June 1, 2012 and no later than October 1, 2012
--require a maximum of six actors
--running time of between 75 and 120 minutes
--never before published
--never before professionally produced, no pending professional productions
--never before submitted to the HotCity Greenhouse New Play Festival
Submissions must include the following:
1) a half-page synopsis of the play. This synopsis should focus solely on the plot and events of the play. It should not include promotional verbiage or thematic content.
2) a half-page description of how the playwright feels that this script would benefit from the workshop/revision process.
3) a brief description of the script’s reading/production history, special casting requirements, and technical information (special or unusual scenic/lighting, costuming, sound or prop requirements)
4) a brief biography of the playwright
5) a complete copy of the script
Please Note: All requested information must be formatted into a SINGLE ATTACHED WORD DOCUMENT with background information placed at the beginning of the document. Scans or pdfs will not be considered.
Submissions should be addressed to Chuck Harper and sent via email to: email@example.com. Approximately 20 plays will be selected as semi-finalists and playwrights will be notified of this selection by December 1, 2012.
To be selected, playwrights must be able to attend the entire festival and workshop week, which begins on the Sunday prior to the festival weekend. All travel and accomodation arrangements are provided by HotCity Theatre.
For further information about HotCity Theatre and the Greenhouse New Play festival please visit http://www.hotcitytheatre.org