|We’re calling for submissions for our award-winning, 19th Biennial Year End
Series Festival of New Plays - THE Y.E.S. FESTIVAL, running April 4–14, 2019.
Submissions will be accepted from May 1 – September 30, 2018.
Two or three plays will be selected for performance in the festival.
The selected playwrights will each receive a cash prize of $400 and an expensepaid
(travel and accommodations) visit to NKU to see their plays in production.
Selected plays will receive a full production.
For additional information:
Corrie Danieley, Co-Project Director
email@example.com | (859) 572-5451
Michael King, Co-Project Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | (859) 572-5647
WHAT TO SUBMIT
• Full-length plays are eligible. All rights must be fully owned by the author.
• No children’s theatre, one-acts, or reader’s theatre pieces will be considered.
• Adaptations will be considered only if the adapted work is in the public domain.
• A submitted play may not have had a previous professional or university production.
• In deciding which play to submit, a writer should know the festival will be cast with
undergraduate student actors. Plays with larger casts are looked upon favorably
in the selection process.
• Scripts must be standard sized, legibly typed, and bound. Standard Dramatists
Guild format is preferred.
• Submissions (ONE per playwright) should include a one-page synopsis and a cast
list with brief character descriptions.
HOW TO SUBMIT
• An entry form must accompany a submitted script (see reverse side).
• Submissions will be accepted from May 1 until September 30, 2018.
• Enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard if you wish the project director to
acknowledge receipt of your script.
• Scripts are not returnable unless specifically requested and accompanied by a
self-addressed stamped envelope. Returnable scripts will be mailed back after the
selected playwrights have been notified.
Submissions, accompanied by an entry form, should be mailed to:
NKU School of the Arts
Nunn Drive, FA 205
Highland Heights, KY 41099
• Selections will be made and selected playwrights notified no
later than December 31, 2018.
• The names of the winning plays will be posted on the Y.E.S.
Festival website in late January.
• Selected playwrights must be available to visit the festival
about one week before opening so their visit can be
arranged to include late rehearsals and the premiere of
their play. Festival dates are April 4–14, 2019. The visiting
dates are at the discretion of the festival. The cost of travel
and accommodations will be covered by NKU. Selected
playwrights will receive a cash prize of $400.
• Playwrights and directors of their plays will participate in one
post-show question-and-answer session with the audience.
Fill out form on the following page, and send snail-mail.