|THE MAJESTIC EIGHT 2019
Call For Submissions: 10-Minute Plays
Beginning November 1, 2018, the Majestic Playwright’s Lab is accepting submissions for its second statewide 10-Minute Play Competition. The deadline to submit is December 15, 2018. The 2018 winning submissions will be presented as a reader’s theatre performance on the main stage of the Majestic Theatre in Corvallis on April 20, 2019.
There is no submission fee. There is no honorarium or monetary stipend for the finalists. Each of our eight finalists will receive a fabulous prize and can forever more say that they are one of the 2019 Majestic Eight.
The phrase “second thoughts” must be in one (and only one) line of dialogue in your play. “Second Thoughts” does not need to be the theme or subject of your play. There are no limitations on theme or subject matter. In the body of your email, please state the page where the required phrase “second thoughts” appears.
Script submissions are being accepted November 1 through December 15, 2018.
No submissions will be accepted before November 1, 2018.
Only the first 100 plays will be considered.
Limit of one play may be submitted by each playwright.
We will use a blind submission process. Your name, by-line and contact info cannot appear anywhere in your attached script: your identifying info must not be on the title page, header/footer areas, or within the text.
Only electronic submissions in Word Doc or PDF format will be considered.
Here are the guidelines:
– Open to residents of Oregon and all students registered at Oregon colleges and universities.
– Exclusive of the title/cast/setting page, scripts must be 10 pages or less, with a run-time of 7-10 minutes.
– Must be a comedy, drama, mystery, thriller, or monologue (no musicals or children’s plays will be accepted.)
To be considered for The Majestic Eight competition, your play must:
– Be original, unpublished, and not produced at time of submission. (Plays may have received previous workshop readings.)
– Be in generally accepted stage play format.
– Here is a link to a stage play format example:
– Written in English.
– Have no more than 5 characters.
– Be sent as an attachment in Microsoft Word or PDF format only; no other formats will be considered. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
– Exclusive of title/cast/setting page, be no longer than 10 pages.
– The first page of the script must contain the title, list of characters, and basic setting information.
– The second page will be considered the first page of the script. The other pages of the play follow and must:
– Have the title and page number on each page of the play.
– Have the phrase “second thoughts” in one (and only one) line of dialogue.
– Be received between November 1 – December 15, 2018.
Please proofread your script. Scripts that contain multiple typos and/or multiple misspelled words, or that do not adhere to traditional stage play format with correct line spacing will be disqualified.
The body of your email must have:
Your name, address, phone number, and email address.
The title of your play.
The line of dialogue that uses the phrase “second thoughts”.
The page number where the phrase “second thoughts” appears.
If you are a student, the email body must also have the name and city of the Oregon college or university where you are registered.
You grant the right to present your play at the Majestic Theatre on April 20, 2019. All rights revert to you after that date.
Submit your play to email@example.com with the subject “Majestic 8 Submission.”
Submissions Open: Your play must be received no sooner than November 1, 2018.
Deadline: Your play must be received on or before December 15, 2018.
Finalists are encouraged to attend the performance of their play on April 20, 2019. We cannot underwrite travel or lodging expenses. Each finalist will receive two complimentary tickets to attend THE MAJESTIC EIGHT performance.
Notification of final decisions will be made by email on February 8, 2019. The winning plays and names of The Majestic Eight playwrights will be announced and posted on our site page by February 11, 2019.
Finalists will be asked to provide a brief bio and, if available, a photograph.
You will be notified by email when your script is received.
You will be notified if the first 100 submissions have been received and the submitting period
Questions? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org